NMiTE intends to be the first university to be created from scratch in the UK for over forty years. It is an exciting development that aims to create a new kind of university where students learn by undertaking real-world engineering and technical projects, provided by employers and community groups. NMiTE breaks the mould in existing higher education provision and aims to be a “disruptive” game-changer in every facet of its operations and programme.
Over the next year key objectives include:
- Validating the academic programme including developing the student experience and digital learning elements (achieving registration, validation, accreditation QA, marketing, student recruitment, etc.)
- Creating partnerships that help deliver student projects, workforce development, thought leadership, and commercial services.
- Fundraising – particularly match funding for investment in buildings and facilities, as well as providing working capital until NMiTE is operationally cash sustainable.
- Supporting infrastructure – learning spaces, professional services, buildings and student accommodation, IT infrastructure and digital systems, people and culture.
- Initiating student recruitment for Pioneer and initial cohorts.
If you would like to be part of this new initiative please keep a look out below for any new vacancies we have and/or volunteer with us.
We offer a range of volunteering opportunities in a variety of departments including partnerships, academics, fundraising and ambassadors for our engagement programme Ingenuity Studio.
We do welcome speculative applications.