Privacy Notice for Enquirers and Visitors to the NMiTE website
NMiTE (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it sets out the basis on which any personal data and sensitive personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us (“Your Data”), will be processed and used by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting nmite.ac.uk (collectively our “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described herein.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website; and,
- people who submit enquiries about NMITE to us or enter their data into one of our forms.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is New Model in Technology & Engineering, Shire Hall, Union Street, Hereford. Company limited by guarantee number 08800142. Registered Charity No 1176550
What information does the organisation collect?
The organisation collects and processes a range of information about you.
- Names and email addresses for distribution of our newsletter. We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site nmite.org.uk. This includes information which you provide to us when making an enquiry about NMITE. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site;
- Details from correspondence if you contact us, as we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Information obtained from telephone calls to us, which may be recorded for training purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Storing your personal data
By submitting your personal data and sensitive personal data, you expressly agree to this transfer and storage. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To complete administration necessary to produce and distribute the NMITE newsletter. We do not share your information with third parties except (such as in the case of Mailchimp) when it’s necessary to complete the functions of the newsletter;
- To notify you about changes to our services.
When you email us, we will use your email address only for the purpose of responding to you and for no other purpose.
We will never provide access to our databases to any third party, except to the extent necessary to conduct the administration of the newsletter (such as providing user data to Mailchimp).
Disclosure of your information
Authorised personnel within NMiTE will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out below or for purposes approved by you, but always with appropriate non-disclosure and data protection agreements in place.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf.
Examples include processing credit card payments, publication printing and mailing, and hosting the website.
The contracted agencies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes, and must delete it as soon as the function is complete.
Personal information provided by you may occasionally be shared with other organisations for the prevention of fraud. For example, should you fall behind with payments due, we may disclose sufficient personal data to a third party to enable it to pursue and recover the debt from you. Third parties may include solicitors, agents appointed by us (for example, debt recovery and tracing agents) and the Courts.
Upon the signing of a non-disclosure agreement, approved volunteers who are working as staff (for example facilitating the organisation of an event) may be given access to your data. This access will be for a specific purpose, and for a time-limited period only, and will be monitored at all times by authorised NMiTE staff). Sensitive personal data will not, under any circumstances, be shared with volunteers.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Retention of your personal data
The GDPR and DPA 2018 require that personal data should be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (except in certain specific and limited instances).
Please contact Registrar@nmite.org.uk for further information.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Registrar@nmite.org.uk
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk)
Links and references to us on other websites
Our Site and newsletter contain links to other websites. You may also see links to our Site or information about us on third party websites. In the event that you follow a link to any of these websites or see information relating to us on those third-party websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. This Privacy Notice only applies to our Site and newsletter so when you access links to other websites you should read their own privacy policies before continuing to browse them.
Updating this Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notices under regular review. Any changes will be published so that it is clear what information we collect and how we use it at all times and, where appropriate, we may notify you by email.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 25 March 2019.