- To develop and oversee the NMITE Estates & Property Strategy (the Strategy), and modify this periodically, taking account of NMITE’s overall strategic direction.
- To monitor progress on targets and goals set out in the Strategy and the implementation of capital development plans, ensuring broad compliance with NMITE’s strategic commitments and statutory duties to manage and reduce carbon emissions and broader sustainability commitments.
- To consider and report to the Board on any general property or infrastructure investment, development or funding proposals made to NMITE or which NMITE is proposing to make to any potential investor, developer, funder or joint venture partner, including on any external advice received
- To consider [and endorse or reject] specific site/property acquisition and development and funding business cases and make recommendations as to their priority, taking account of any external advice received.
- To review [and endorse or reject] the evidenced business cases for acquisitions, disposals and leases of land and property in accordance with the levels set out in the approved Scheme of Delegations
- To review, endorse or reject the award of, and acquisition of all goods, services and works on, approved estates-related business and formal acceptance of contracts in accordance with the levels set out in the approved Scheme of Delegations.
- To review and endorse an annual estates programme for consideration by the Board, to monitor progress in taking forward the agreed programme, to advise on any matters of concern and recommend proposals for subsequent amendments to the programme as appropriate.
Learning and operational infrastructure
- To review and endorse NMITE’s strategy for its digital learning and collaborative working environment taking account of NMITE’s stated pedagogical approach, and the infrastructure (including software as a service, software and hardware) .
- To review and endorse NMITE’s strategy for its operating and collaborative working environment taking account of the regulatory environment in which NMITE is operating and its related legal, contractual obligations and other responsibilities as a higher education institution.
- To review and endorse data protection and system security policies.
- To review regularly NMITE’s Asset Register.
- To review regularly NMITE’s facilities management and asset maintenance policies and their effective implementation.