Every engineer needs a set of core skills they can use throughout their professional career. An understanding of rhetoric together with the skills and competencies related to measurement, and confidence in communication and metrology will be deployed and further developed in these two- or three-week introductions to topics and techniques that you’ll use in every subsequent module.
- Certainty - Gain an understanding of rhetoric together with skills and competencies related to measurement, and confidence in communication and metrology so you can accurately and effectively assert your claims.
- Making it happen - Learn how to be observant, how to follow a design process, and how to communicate through technical drawing. Learn to master observation and graphical communication tools such as engineering drawing, computer aided design, and the design process.
- Managing engineering - Learn to use the methodologies and tools used in technical project management, and how to combine aesthetic and functional requirements into effective designs.
- Information - Merge your responsibilities as an ethical engineer and a global citizen, and learn how to design, complete and communicate experimental work. Learn to understand the human, social, ethical, and political systems that affect the culture of communication in engineering and beyond.
- Creativity in a team - Master the specific skills and competencies of effective teamwork and creativity that you can deploy in personal and professional contexts.
- Past, present and future - Learn to discriminate between the principles and practices of effective business strategies, and to interpret and analyse the role and effect of engineering and business throughout human history.