Engineering degrees designed to solve, cure, build and create...
It's time it became more NMITE.
Applications still open. Apply direct today or register your interest for Clearing 2023.
Register your interest for Clearing 2023
Become a work-ready, world conscious engineer or built environment professional this September. Register your interest now to be considered for Clearing 2023, or apply direct.
For a better world, it takes an engineer.
For a better world, it takes you.
A breakthrough in UK university education. Start your Integrated Engineering Degree, or Sustainable Built Environment Degree with Foundation Year, this September 2023.
If you've been searching for an engineering degree that can provide you with the education and employer experience you need to make a difference (and fast!) - you've come to the right place.
Graduate work-ready - with our range of practical, engineering and technology degrees with sustainability conscious thinking woven throughout
You'll help solve real p roblems using the latest in engineering technology- and work on projects set by our partner employers throughout every module
High academic contact time and 9-5 study, with your evenings and weekends free to enjoy - experience hands-on learning in small teams, without a lecture theatre in sight!
Leave behind the stress of traditional exams - you'll build a portfolio of employer experience and be assessed throughout your studies
- Learn at a pace, and through a mode of study that makes sense for you - Accelerated Study and Foundation Years available
Your very own laptop, provided by NMITE - with all the software and IT support required to successfully complete your studies
Applications accepted from a variety of backgrounds - Maths or Physics at A level are not essential. We’ll make sure you know what you need to know, and how to apply it to modern problem solving!
Accommodation places guaranteed for first year students - new, en-suite accommodation. Your home from home right here in the centre of Hereford City
Hands-on degrees. No lecture halls. No traditional exams
We are the New Model Institute for Technology and Engineering and our engineering degrees are designed with you, and your future, in mind. With us you'll gain the experience, skills, and sustainable thinking needed to help solve the problems that matter to you!
You'll find all our degrees on UCAS, and you can also apply to us direct for all our BEng, MEng and BSc Sustainable Built Environment Degrees for September 2023. We also offer Foundation Year options for all our degrees - if you're concerned about entry requirements, starting your NMITE journey with a Foundation Year may be the right choice for you.
We also understand that what you can offer our world goes beyond academic assessment. We will look at all aspects of your application to ensure that we understand you as a whole person, and we also take experience into consideration. Scroll down to find out more about NMITE's entry requirements.
Throughout your chosen degree, we've made your future employability our primary focus, so you can be confident you'll have the very best start within the working world by the time you graduate.
Stick around, explore more on our unique offering below. When you're ready to get started on your application, we'll be with you every step of the way.
The NMITE BEng
The NMITE MEng
BSc (Hons) Sustainable Built Environment
Intrigued? Book an Open Day
If you're thinking about studying with us, then it's time to book onto an open day - we can't wait to meet you!
Our next available on campus open day is:
Saturday 17th June 2023, 10:30am till 2pm
Future date booking now available
Where in the world is NMITE?
New Model Institute for Technology and Engineering (NMITE) is based in the up and coming rural City of Hereford and plays host to some of the most talented independent businesses within the UK, as well as some big names within the engineering sector. Situated on the Welsh border, Hereford has a thriving food and music scene, is ideally located and accessible via many direct train routes. Hereford has the benefit of having not one, but two rivers flowing through the City, providing an abundance of water activities, pebble beaches and natural beauty.
Get in touch:
Not sure which course to apply for? Have some questions? Getting in touch is simple, email, call or use our live website chat tool to speak to the team directly.
Not ready to apply but want to find out more and be kept up to date on all things NMITE? Hit the button below to register your interest in NMITE and we'll keep in touch!
- GCSE Maths and English should be Grade 5 or above.
- 112-128 UCAS points or equivalent.
- Students whose first language is not English evidence IELTS grade 7, with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or an alternative acceptable qualification.
- RPEL admission for applicants with prior experiential learning who demonstrate a strong probability of likely success.
Foundation Year Option
- Either: Two A-Levels in any subject and at any pass grade (or equivalent qualifications such as a BTEC National Diploma or Level 3 Apprenticeship)
- Or: Demonstrable experience, interest in and flair for your chosen subject.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 or above.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age by the time the course begins.
- Students whose first language is not English should evidence IELTS grade 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component or an alternative acceptable qualification.
Register your Interest in NMITE for Clearing 2023
Looking to become a work-ready, world conscious engineer or built environment professional?
Please complete the quick form below to receive further information.
Register your interest now
- The NMITE MEng has been designed to satisfy the necessary educational standards for the award of Chartered Engineer by meeting the requirements of the Engineering Council Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes.
- The NMITE BEng has been designed to satisfy the necessary educational standards for the award of Bachelors (Hons) degrees accredited as partially meeting the underpinning knowledge and understanding requirement for CEng registration by meeting the requirements of the Engineering Council Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes.
- NMITE's BSc Sustainable Built Environment Degree has been designed to be compliant with the undergraduate educational framework of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and we will be seeking accreditation at the appropriate time.
- All new NMITE courses go through a rigorous approval process by our internal academic governance – this process is known as ‘validation’. This is a standard process in higher education institutions, where courses can be advertised after initial approval, with confirmation of the final full course description, description of the modules to be studied and programme documentation to be given in advance of the start date of the programme.
- NMITE is also in the process of applying for new degree awarding powers ('NDAPs'), and if successful, it will be able to grant its own awards.