NMITE's entry requirements...what are they? Here's what you need to know!
We look at all aspects of your application to ensure that we understand you as a whole person. So, while there are certainly “things we are looking for” there is not a specific formula for success in the NMITE application process.
We understand that every applicant is unique and can bring different valuable characteristics and experiences to the table. Therefore, we do not make decisions based on one or two factors alone. Everything we ask for in the application process is considered carefully, thoroughly, and thoughtfully, with an eye to understanding each applicant’s potential to contribute as a member of the NMITE community, as well as to grow and learn from their NMITE experience.
Integrated Engineering and Sustainable Built Environment Degrees
- GCSE Maths and English should be Grade 5 or above.
- 112-128 UCAS points or equivalent.
- Students whose first language is not English evidence IELTS grade 7, with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or an alternative acceptable qualification.
- RPEL admission for applicants with prior experiential learning who demonstrate a strong probability of likely success.
Foundation Year Options
- Either: Two A-Levels in any subject and at any pass grade (or equivalent qualifications such as a BTEC National Diploma or Level 3 Apprenticeship)
- Or: Demonstrable experience, interest in and flair for your chosen subject.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 or above.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age by the time the course begins.
- Students whose first language is not English should evidence IELTS grade 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component or an alternative acceptable qualification.
UCAS Tariff Points - what do they mean?
The most common qualifications we accept are:
|UCAS Tariff||112-128 UCAS Tariff Points|
|A-Levels and AS-Levels||112-128 UCAS Tariff Points|
|T-Levels||Merit (120 UCAS Tariff Points)|
|BTEC National Extended Diploma||DMM-DDM (112-128 UCAS Tariff Points)|
|BTEC National Diploma||D*D* (112 UCAS Tariff Points)|
|Access to HE Diploma||112-128 UCAS Tariff Points with an combination of Distinction, Merit, Pass grades|
|Cambridge Technical extended Diploma||DMM -DDM (112-128 UCAS Tariff Points)|
|Cambridge Technical Diploma||D*D* (112 UCAS Tariff Points)|
|International Baccalaureate||30 Points|
|Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers||112-128 UCAS Tariff Points|
We also accept the following qualifications subject to meeting the overall UCAS Tariff
- Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate – Skills Challenge Certificate
- BTEC National Foundation Diploma
- BTEC National Extended Certificate
- Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
- Extended Project
Need some help working things out? You can use the UCAS online tariff point calculator to work out your point totals below, and if you're still unsure get in touch!
Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning - RPEL
NMITE welcomes applicants who have followed both traditional academic routes as well as alternative employment and education pathways.
A-Levels in Mathematics and Physics are not required since these elements will be available (where appropriate and as required) to students as part of NMITE’s interdisciplinary engineering curriculum. We welcome students who have studied Mathematics and Physics too – our community benefits from students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Whether you apply via the standard route with academic qualifications/exam results, or you have pursued an alternative education and/or employment route to application (via Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning - RPEL) you will be given full consideration regarding an offer of a place.
We seek students who work hard, enjoy learning, and who have performed to the best of their ability in rigorous courses. Performing well does not always mean getting perfect grades, either. At NMITE, we experiment frequently, make mistakes, and learn from them, so it’s OK to have a few less-than-stellar grades on your transcript if they are a true reflection of your learning and growth process. We’d rather see that you challenged yourself and tested the boundaries of your academic potential than took a conservative course load for the sake of maintaining perfect grades.
We want to know about you as a whole person and whether you will enjoy our course. If you are not sure whether your grades/predicted grades will meet our entry criteria please contact us so that we can learn more about your profile to see if we can find some flexibility.
NMITE accepts students to its programmes from all around the world. If you're viewing this page from afar, we've ensured all the information you need to make a decision on studying with NMITE is easily available to you through the link below.
We've made our applications process as accessible, and as simple, as possible
Whether you apply via UCAS or direct, we'll be here to support you
NMITE's Tuition Fees
All you need to know on funding your NMITE degree