Find out what you need to know about visas. Make the most of our overview of Student visa applications, Confirmation of Acceptance Study (CAS) and Standard Visitor status, as well as the Graduate route visa. 

Supporting you

As an international student you’ll receive support from our dedicated teams before you arrive, as well as while you’re here. Simply contact the relevant team to get your questions answered about preparing for and studying at NMITE. 

Student visa 

You may hold valid UK immigration status under the EU (European Union) Settlement Scheme, if you are an EU, EEA (European Economic Area), or Swiss national or a relevant family member. 

If you do not hold Pre-settled or Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you may need to apply for a Student visa to join NMITE, unless you hold an alternative UK visa / leave to remain which allows you to study. 

To apply for the UK Student visa to study at NMITE, international students must have received the Confirmation of Acceptance Study (CAS) from us. It’s important that you apply for this as soon as you can. 

Your CAS is your unique electronic document, produced by NMITE for the UK Home Office. It includes your individual reference number which confirms NMITE as your visa sponsor. Your CAS statement provides information about you and your study to UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). You will need a CAS number and information from your CAS statement to make your Student Visa application. 

Discover more information about Student visas on the Home Office or UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) websites. 

Standard Visitor visa 

You, your family or friends can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (study courses up to six months) and other permitted activities. You can usually stay for up to six months, but you may be able to negotiate a longer stay for specific circumstances. Discover more on the UK Government website. 

Graduate Route visa 

A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least two years after successfully completing an undergraduate or postgraduate course in the UK. Discover more on the UK Government website. 

The NMITE application process

Discover what you need to know about the NMITE application process - whether you're applying directly to us or through UCAS (the UK's Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).