The Design Cohort are a group of school-leavers and graduates co-designing and co-creating NMiTE’s way of learning and shaping the learner experience. These 25 enterprising individuals have come from across the UK and internationally to take part in this unique opportunity.
From campus layout to course design, a typical week includes a variation of tasks within each group.
The Design Cohort involves the brightest and most diverse talent to examine, create, test-drive and validate ideas to support our aim to become a university for and of the future.
What do they do?
The Design Cohort are working on the following:
- Trialling and advising on accommodation, designing the flexible academic studios and sourcing furnishings for our buildings to reflect spaces that promote innovation.
- Marketing NMiTE’s engagement programme, Ingenuity Studio, and have travelled with the studio to schools and colleges to run engineering workshops.
- Designing an unconventional application processes to ensure that curiosity, creativity and passion are valued in each individual.
- Testing engineering Toolkits to evaluate the benefits of challenged-based learning.
- Building partnerships with local businesses and introducing the presence of young people to various activities in Hereford which in turn, enhances our community relations.
- Collaborating with the Hereford Museum & Art Gallery to create aspects of the LEGO History Brick Exhibition (occurring March-May 2019).
- Reviewing council plans to make Hereford more suited for the lifestyles of young people and creating short videos to showcase ‘a day in the life’ of a learner at NMiTE.
- And on top of all this, they’re setting up NMiTE’s very own online radio station called RADIO TOAST ready for the Pioneer Cohort to take over and create their own shows!
Follow the Design Cohort on Twitter at @NMiTE_DC