Student support at NMITE
Our student support services are your number one go to contacts for anything you need help with – or just want to talk about – while you’re at NMITE.
From now until the day you leave, and every step of the way in between, this fantastic group of friendly and committed individuals are dedicated to creating a positive NMITE experience for everyone. The Student Team works closely with the NMITE Academic Team, the NMITE's Academic Skills and Knowhow Centre (ASK), NMITE departments and any relevant external agencies, but will always respect your individual privacy.
If they don’t know have the answer, they’ll know who will!
Get to know the team and find out about some of the initiatives and resources available to our students below.
Got a question?
Our Student Services Team
Our student services team have taken the phase 'above and beyond' to a whole new level. You'll feel completely at ease to express any thoughts or concerns with our team, and they'll always do their best to ensure you feel fully supported - whether that be in, or outside of, your studies.
Mary Kenyon-James - Director of Student Lifecycle
Mary leads the Student Support & Services team based at our Blackfriars building. This confidential service is open every weekday – you can drop in, make an appointment to visit, call or e-mail. They also provide an out of hours service for welfare concerns, security and accommodation problems.
Natalie Hanson - Student Support Advisor
You'll find a familiar face in Natalie - and she'll swiftly become your support companion at NMITE. Nat is here to help guide you on your NMITE journey, making your wellbeing a priority. She'll provide advice on healthy living, mental health, and more.
Our Student support team have been working closely with our partner organisations to bring to our students NMITE Boost. Set up to help our students with the cost-of-living crisis, NMITE Boost consists of a carefully selected range of initiatives and discounts with the aim to make life a little bit easier for all our students.
Features include (are not limited to, and are subject to change):
- Free daily breakfast provision for all students
- Free monthly Sunday lunches at local eatery, The Wellington for all students
- Access to The Living Room Larder, 10 free items of shopping per week for all students compliments of NMITE x The Living Room
- Support with travel costs. Students commuting by rail, car or bus to NMITE can receive money towards travel costs
- Financial Assistance Fund available to help with unexpected costs and emergencies
- Access to a free hamper of cleaning supplies per household when moving into an HMO
- Access to a wide range of exclusive student offers and discounts
- Access to UniKitOut, NMITE's student supplies partner
Our team is working hard to increase the number of initiatives available to students through NMITE Boost. For the most up to date information, please contact the team.
The Student Support & Services Team provide direct support and signposting for:
- Safe Lifestyle
- Health and Safety
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Disability Support
- Faith and Reflection
Health and Wellbeing
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Health Services
- Mental Health Services
- Safe Lifestyles
- How to spend safely
- Money worries
- Top tips for spending less
- Giving us your feedback
- Social life in Herefordshire
- Sports and activities
- Societies and Events