NMITE is built on the generosity and foresight of our Founders and philanthropy is embedded into our core.
More than 100 Founders contributed over £1million to help take the NMITE project from idea to reality. Without their valuable start-up capital and the confidence and support that came with it, NMITE would not be where it is today. The foresight and generosity of this group is a proud part of NMITE’s incredible journey.
Pioneer Fund Donors
NMITE is opening its doors to our first intrepid engineers – we call them the Pioneer Cohort. The members of the Pioneer Cohort will contribute fundamentally to NMITE’s ongoing development and are critical to our success going forward. Pioneers who are eligible will have their academic fees and basic accommodation costs fully paid for their first year at NMITE, thanks to the contributions made by our terrific Pioneer Fund Donors. We are grateful for their generous support.
As NMITE has grown, so has our support from Institutional Partners who believe in our new approach to engineering education. These partners have provided institutional gifts exceeding £19.3M which will help us change the lives of our engineering learners:
- Licenses for cutting-edge CAD software from Dietrich’s a provider of specialised software for the timber construction industry
- £9.5M worth of electronics design & test software from Pulsonix, a leading provider of electronic design automation software
- £240,000 worth of Siemens Solid Edge software from OnePLM Ltd, providing industry-leading Mechanical Design
- A substantial donation of education equipment and in-kind contributions to research and development from Quanser, the global standard in engineering lab equipment
- £500,000 from The Garfield Weston Foundation to design, build, deliver and support two Ingenuity Studios (link) which lie at the heart of our Schools Outreach efforts
- £2.7M for Altair for computer-aided engineering and simulation software