The Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC) has overall responsibility under the Academic Council for the development, monitoring, review and implementation of learning and teaching within NMITE.
Learning and Teaching Committee’s constitution: Chaired by the Chief Academic Officer. The membership of LTC will be confirmed following the first meeting of the Academic Council in October 2020.
Terms of Reference for the Learning and Teaching Committee:
- To review and enhance existing modules and programmes to ensure they remain relevant and of high quality.
- To ensure that the student voice is effectively included in the enhancement of teaching and learning activities.
- To review academic student data received from the Quality Assurance Committee (QuAC) and agree interventions and actions plans to address any areas of concern.
- To scrutinise detailed proposals for new programmes and modules and make recommendations to the AC on their merits in accordance with the Programme Approval Process.
- To oversee partnering relationships as they relate to the design and delivery of the curricula.
- To recommend the appointment of External Examiners to The Open University.
- To oversee the processes associated with Professional Engineering Institutes.
Meeting dates for academic year 2020/21:
2nd December 2020
20th January 2021
17th March 2021
12th May 2021
21st July 2021