The Quality Assurance Committee’s remit is to ensure that NMITE’s academic standards reflect the expectations of regulators, employers, and professional bodies, and to provide an auditable system for demonstrating this is achieved both internally and externally to NMITE
Quality Assurance Committee’s Membership and Terms of Reference:
Chaired by the Chief Academic Officer (Professor Beverley Gibbs), the membership of the Quality Assurance Committee for 2021/22 is: Emma Lewis, (Quality Assurance Manager), Mary Kenyon-James (Head of Student Experience), Professor Gary Wood (Academic Director), Dr Nadia Kourra (Associate Professor) and Tim Belden (Assistant Professor)
The terms of reference of the committee are:
- To gather data relevant to QA process from sources such as results, student surveys, and External Examiners reports.
- To analyse data and identify areas of interest/concern and make recommendations to the Academic Affairs Committee.
- To producing timely reports on the data received and the consequent recommendations made for external audit, the Office for Students, and Professional Engineering Institutions.
- To produce an annual Quality Assurance report for consideration by the Academic Council and the Board.
- To monitor Quality Assurance procedures and practices and effectiveness of these
Meeting dates for academic year 2021/22:
1st September 2021
3rd November 2021
12th January 2022
2nd March 2022
4th May 2022
13th July 2022